Interview with Marty Angelo, the author once Life Matters

Interview with Marty Angelo

Author Once Life Matters A New Beginning

Impact Publishing (2006)

ISBN 0961895446

Tyler R. Tichelaar Today has the privilege of Marty Angelo, author of the personal biography-memoir "Life Once entered Matters: A New Beginning".

Marty Angelo worked in the music entertainment business for 15 years before his religious conversion in 1981, which he describes in "Once Life Matters". He is here today to sayus about his conversion and about which he has since made a fresh start.

Tyler: Welcome, Marty. I am glad to have you here today. To get started, you will tell you briefly what our readers "Once Life Matters" is and how you write it came from?

Marty: Thank you for this opportunity to discuss my book. It is an overview of my life before my conversion to Christianity, which led to my salvation, and how God is after with my life.

I wrote it because I want to share with othersGod gives hope, if we place our faith and trust in Him. I was so lost and confused most lined up in my life to drugs, alcohol, and rebellion. Once I accepted Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Savior, I was totally changed. He was what I was looking for my whole life. Once he has touched me, I wanted to scream from the rooftops if he can change me, he can change anyone. So my book was to use the vehicle for me to tell them to others.

Tyler: Would you share withour readers, what were the circumstances of your conversion?

Marty: I worked in the entertainment industry works primarily with rock 'n' roll musicians, disc jockeys and television production. I thought I found the key to life by feeding my ego by the reputation of being a celebrity, so much money, and the expenses on the "high life".

Back in the 1960s, substance abuse, only his ugly head and not suffer many of us had no immediate consequences. Wewere learning by trial and error. Even if a rock musician or band for drug was blown up, it almost enhanced his popularity. It was a big gap between heterosexuals and drug addicts. That made it even harder to solve from a rebellious lifestyle, because we had not much to offer the "Straight Life" meant. I never dreamed I would have paid a dear price for my lifestyle. However, once I started to pain and sorrow I began to question, and soughtfor a different way. I never thought that "other ways to lead," I would be a head-on encounter with the loving and forgiving God of creation.

Drugs and partying were not filling the gap is not created with a personal relationship with God. I had to reach my ultimate bottom to finally scream it for help. It was not until I was facing a long prison sentence for drug possession, that I finally realized how lost I really was. As soon as I put my hand in his, changed my whole life.

Tyler:Marty, after reading your book, I was by the fact that you had a Catholic education, served as an altar boy, played and beaten as a child to a priest. What happened that you pointed out a relatively good child, someone in the music industry and drugs involved?

Marty: Good question, Tyler. I have asked myself that many times. I'm sure there are thousands of people there who were raised the same question, especially when they themselves fall into difficulties oruncontrollable situation. How often have we heard from a concerned parent, "My son / daughter was such a good person? He / she would never do such a thing." We all want to go back to our past and change something in one way or another. Unfortunately we can not. We are stuck with our past, whether we like it or not. The problem many of us face, we can not move from our past into the present, the Now! I meet hundreds of prison inmates and drug addicts, the sense of presenceis too painful to put them remain so never let go of her past work around, so their presence is adversely affected.

I say all that they say .... I have the hard way that religion was not to save anyone, neither Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, Muslin, etc. All we can as children or can not be taught properly learned. What I found out much later in my life when my back was against the wall and was in search of truth, the religion I was born, was in a form ofGodliness but denied the power in it. My religion is not, nor could I not changed. In fact, I have learned through experience that most of the doctrines, dogmas and beliefs I was taught to not even be found in the Bible! Only ask Jesus Christ into my life personally as Lord and Savior come, that his spirit entered me. This happened in a farmhouse and not religious in a huge cathedral. I'm not saying God is not in buildings, but I think he is everywhere. He is the God of theHis entire universe and glorious.

My quest for success in the music business was just a way for me to find a kind of happiness in life. Music was the only thing I ever loved or enjoyed. Drugs were just a way for me to fill the void in my life who are missing because of lack in the spirit of God to me.

Tyler: Because your conversion, you are very active in numerous ministries. Would you like our readers something about your current life and the ministries youare involved?

Marty: My life is spent talking today in prisons, jails and substance abuse rehabs across the country. Send a free fall from my books to facilities in which people will pay a heavy price for leading life out of control. I then follow up with personal appearances, correspondence, referrals and resources.

Once I was released to the prison from, I was led to Ft Faith Farm Ministries in. Lauderdale, Florida, where I worked with over 350Drug addicts who were there for the mental and physical support. A year later, God opened a door for me, for Teen Challenge of Southern California to work, from then to talk to ex-White House Charles Colson's Prison Fellowship Ministries in Washington DC working aide. I also helped start one of the first faith based "boot camps" in the country in Palm Beach County in Florida called the Sheriff's Drug Farm.

Tyler: Marty, in the book you talk about your prison ministry asbringing people to Christ, but also help the prisoners with the practical side of life by offering Life Action Planning seminars. Would you tell us a little about this side of your work and why is it important?

Marty: I've found that to many Christians, ministers in prison only preach to the prisoners. They are not aware that some prisoners are released and have a ton of needs to take both physical and mental. Many churches are horrified at the thought of aPrisoner appears on their doorstep, and do not know how to deal with them.

By identifying the needs of prisoners before their release is important. Prisoners are very fast and institutional decisions are rare. Many prisoners actually block life on the street and did very, instead of keeping the prison world Full Time Live and placement of the real world. Why try to make plans release is difficult. Many prisoners are for a big surprise when theynot formulate a plan while they are in prison their lives on the streets. National statistics show three of four ex-offenders re-arrested within three years. Here in California it is worse: About 82% of ex-prisoners return to prison in just one year!

Tyler: Wow, Marty. The sound makes your ministry is very important and need for an overlooked. These people, like you start their lives over again. If you are elected, therefore the title "Once Life Matters: ANew Beginning "?

Marty: When I look back on my old life before my Christian conversion all I can remember is that nothing ever seemed to matter to me. I lived in the Fast Lane "with little concern about consequences. I had nothing to live on and actually tried to commit suicide a few times. After Jesus Christ came into my life, everything began to matter. I was alive! I have a "new beginning." I found out that the Bible calls this "born again."

Tyler: Before yourConversion, were very active and successful in the music industry. You miss all the aspects that part of your life, and use your current music in the ministries?

Marty: I miss one second of my old life in the music industry. I am grateful that God has released me from this addiction. I really see it as an "addiction" and not a job. I was addicted to everyone and everything happened when one is lost in this type of work. I am not saying others can not claim a balanced lifework in this industry. However, serving Jesus Christ much more important for me, and it has nothing to do with the music industry.

I do to get to the animators, musicians and actors who are in trouble because of drug abuse and arrested or give rehabs. I send copies of my book to those who wind in the news. It is in this setting time in their lives that they find possibly open to the other way, God has for them. It takes a "user" and if things seemgood to go, I have learned, we have a tendency not to search for God's plan for our lives. However, if you finally pay a price for a life is out of control in general, when one turns to God. I like to be there for them even in my small capacity. I do this knowing that if God changed me, He can change anyone even ... Rock stars, movie idols or successful business people.

I do not use music in my ministry as a prison during church services and other personal relaxation andGrowth. I hear all kinds of Christian based music.

Tyler: After reading "Once Life Matters", I felt it was not the music industry, but the drugs that were your real decline, although everyone in the music industry, you know was involved in drugs. This was during the sixties and seventies when drugs were widespread. Do you think that people have when they enter the music industry today, the same problems you had, or has it changed any?

Marty: I feel, in entering theEntertainment industry today have the same temptation in front of them when I was back in the 1960s. Some issues never change. People are attracted to the same glamor, fame and pleasure. It feeds the ego. All you have to do is pick up the newspaper or an Internet search with the words: "Celebrity Substance Abuse". The Sagas are heartbreaking.

I do not have many people who become drug addicts meets scheduled. I know I have never, but when I look back, I see the consequences of a past lifewild, not only with music-business influences, but also movies, sports and other "Idol" I replaced with God.

I'm not saying people can not lead successful and productive life in the entertainment industry as long as you balance and makes God the first place. Unfortunately, "self" is promoted in this business and "making it" like a god or stars. What good is it? God did not place us on earth to the stars, but servants.

Tyler: What is the message you hope to take the peoplethem after reading your book.

Marty: God will never abandon us when we put our faith and trust in Him repent of our sins, and received his forgiveness and love, and served him for the rest of our lives. He provides all our needs according to his riches in glory. We have hope, now, here on earth by one of his spiritual kingdom, and after we die we have eternal life. What more can a man ask for? God loves us and prove it each and everyday.

Tyler: I was impressed bythe following statement: "Only one can really change a person's life. And this is a personal relationship with the living God, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Obviously your life had become a disaster, just before you to your conversion, and it serves as an example of a rotation of your life for people like yourself who are caught in a world of drugs. But what about people who are good, decent everyday life, but not believe in God and point out the many tragedies that havethe name of religion was added. Why your book should matter to these people?

Marty: My book is not on the good and decent people matter. It was not written with them in the head. What I do is hard to understand how people can be considered "good", without first having to believe in God.

The Bible teaches us, "Fools say in their heart there is no God." Look at the scripture reference: Psalm 14:1-3 (King James Version) The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They arecorrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there was any, that do not understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together in filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The Bible clearly says we are all corrupt and filthy sinners. There is not one person in a position to do justice to its own is. The company has a tendency to not call sin by its properName: sin. We have developed new words or phrases. It began in the 60s, when we came up with the phrase, "Do your own thing" and "Tune in and drop out" and "If it feels good, do it."

Those who point out caused many tragedies in the world in the name of religion have a good example, but that does not change the need for personal salvation. It only takes one lie to make a liar.

The Bible clearly teaches that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom (Psalm 111:10). Heis also a loving and forgiving God, but it is our responsibility to learn from both its blessing and curse.

The Israelites in the Old Testament would have been much better if they respected and followed, for God's word. God is an "if" God. "If you do, I will." He is, however, also states: "If you do not, I will do." It is the ancient "blessing and curse" clauses in the Bible, that mankind has a tendency to block out of our lives.

One has to clearly serveand someone in most cases we have filed are "ourselves" to make us our own kingdoms, kings, writing our own rules and regulations on how "is based, we see it." This creates anarchy.

Jesus Christ did not come to earth to found a new religion. That was the idea of man and creation. God was through with religion, which is why he destroyed the ancient Jewish temple covenant system by the ruling Romans. He predicted that would happen, and it has in 70 AD. The new covenant of God isruling not faithful heart, physical buildings. It has been mistakenly replaced this solid biblical principle over two thousand years of teaching, dogmas, and creeds.

They want God in a box thinking he is only space for one denomination or religion, that's quite the opposite. He stated that he would build his church and the gates of hell would not prevail. He is doing the building, not man. Our position is part of our faith and trust in his plan, not ours.

Tyler: do Marty,You know, no success stories about someone change their life after reading "Once Life Matters"? Would you tell us just such a story with us?

Marty: I have received hundreds of letters each month from inmates and drug rehab clients who let me know how much my book has inspired them to write. I started a feedback-and-answer page on my website to these letters with my website visitors to share.

A story that come to mind that I want to share with you is that the time was not meSpeaking at a California state prison. An inmate kept raising his hand to tell me something is missing. I tried, pulled the application until after the service, but he kept waving his hand. Finally, I recognize him, and he stood up straight and went on to explain that he read my book while he was in solitary confinement. He found her on the floor of his cell in the interior under the bunk. He stated that he was so tied up with my book because he, as if he read his own life story because we had so feltmuch in common. He read the book in two hours, put his gun down, got on his knees and cried out to God to repent of his sins and asked Jesus Christ to come into his life as Lord and Savior. He said he has not the same since. He began to read the Bible and pray and was soon released back into the regular prisons. His whole life was turned upside down. He believes that he was placed in solitary confinement, only to find my personal book, then God uses to touch him. ThisType of story makes my life worth living. Nothing can replace this blessing.

Tyler: What do you think makes your book stand out from other books about overcoming addiction, such as recently popular book James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces"?

Marty: My book is written and to be true. Frey book turned to lies and half truths are based.

Oprah Winfrey was horrified to find out how much James Frey "snowed" her after she laid the book on her book club list.

The positiveSide of the Oprah / Frey controversy people discuss the dangers of drug abuse. Although Frey took liberties with his memoirs, I feel more of a problem brought to light, and this is portrayed the way the media ground substance abuse, particularly alcohol advertising. Drinking is glorified in the media, makes people think they are welcome to receive by indulging them. to impress young people, then you think take a step further, "the more I drink, the more pleasure I willreceived. "

The statistic I find mind boggling is Super Bowl Sunday has surpassed New Year's Eve more drunk driver accidents and deaths. If Oprah and the media were really about the lies of the Frey book is concerned, it should be a little deeper and some of the real problems. They were ready to punish for lying Frey turn around, but willingly and accept millions of advertising dollars beer producers and retailers spend each year.

Tyler: I understand youhave another book coming out later this year under the title "Vision of New Jerusalem: Now!" Would you tell us something about your next book?

Marty: My new book is a continuation of my first. It goes into more detail about my personal experiences and I, many of the confusing "end times" prophecy doctrines.

Tyler: Thank you for he with us today, Marty. Before we go, you want to say where they can find readers to buy more of your books and wherethem?

Marty: Thank you, Tyler for this wonderful opportunity to discuss my book. It is available online at Amazon.com and through my personal website. I wrote my book with "souls" in mind, not sales. It is offered "free" to prison inmates and drug abuse rehab clients. I already have over 40,000 units to 350 + prisons and rehabs shipped across the country. Private donations pay most costs. Any money I receive from book sales goes directly to paying the ever increasingCosts.

Please visit my website to view some of the hundreds of letters I read response from inmates, chaplains have received, and drug addicts. http://www.martyangelo.com It really is a blessing for me to hear how much my book is to help others.

know law Patio Heater

Danos tu comentario